MSR Miniworks EX Microfilter Review
The MSR Miniworks EX Microfilter is a clean, lightweight and compact water filter. The MiniWorks ceramic element ensures long-lasting protection against bacteria, protozoa, crypto, and giardia. The carbon core removes offensive tastes and particulates. MSR’s Miniworks can filter up to 1 liter per minute. This filter screws onto a standard Nalgene bottle or any MSR dromedary bag.
- Durable carbon/ceramic element ensures safe, taste-free water-even with heavy use.
- Can be cleaned repeatedly for full filter recovery with no tools required.
- AirSpring Accumulator increases filtration speed; up to 1-liter per minute.
- Carbon core removes unpleasant tastes.
- Effective against protozoa, bacteria, chemicals/toxins, and particulates.
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 8 x 3 inches.
- 1.5 pounds.
- Stuff sack included.
- Hose float included.
- Scrub pad included.
- Instructions included.
The MSR Miniworks EX Microfilter is lightweight, so it’s not going to add too much to your pack. It’s heavier than chemicals or some of the UV systems. It comes in a nice little mesh bag, so you can stuff it into a corner of your pack. This is a great little device.
It can take brown, sandy water and make it drinkable. An excellent feature of this is the robustness of the assembled unit. The unit takes up about as much space as a 1 liter Nalgene water bottle.
If the clay filter cartridge starts clogging after several uses in the field, you can disassemble the unit and squeegee off the slime with your hand or fingers to restore much of the original flow. You can also use the abrasive pad supplied for more serious clogging.
Where to Buy:
The MSR Miniworks EX Microfilter is available from these retailers:
eBay:Buy It Worldwide At eBay
Check out a video review below: