Shelters are very important when you’re staying out in the bush for an extended amount of time. A good shelter will keep you out of the elements. Here are some of the best shelter systems we recommend. Please click on a product for more information and our full review.
|Alps Mountaineering Lynx 1 Tent Review|
- Free standing, two pole design with7000 Series aluminum poles; easy assembly with pole clips; 75D 185T polyester fly resists UV damage and stays taut
- Factory sealed fly and floor seams for best weather protection; 75D 185T Poly Taffeta floor with2000mm coating; extra-large #8 zippers
- Vestibule for gear storage and extra weather protection; weatherproof fly buckles on For maximum adjustability and protection
- Half mesh walls increase ventilation; mesh storage pockets, gear loft, 7075 aluminum stakes and guy ropes included
- Base size: 2'8 x 7'6, center height: 36", total weight: 4 lbs. 1 oz. , minimum Weight: 3 lbs. 5 oz.
|Mountainsmith Morrison 2 Person 3 Season Tent Review|
- Two door / Two vestibule layout
- Two person layout
- Three season, fre standing tent
- Tent fly ventilation windows
- Bathtub floor construction
|MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2 Person Tent Review|
- 3-season, 2-person backpacking tent that offers the most livable accommodations in a lightweight freestanding design
- Pole geometry maximizes space with 29 sq. feet of floor area, interior peak height of 39 inches, plus 17. 5 sq. feet of vestibule area
- Complete setup weighs 3. 9 lbs. and packs down to 18x6 inches; minimalist setup option uses footprint, poles, and rainfly and weighs 3. 5 lbs.
- Includes DuraShield Coating and DAC Featherlike NFL poles
- Includes tent, one unified hub-and-pole system, rainfly, stakes, and guy lines; footprint sold separately; manufacturer's 3-year limited
|Slumberjack 2 Person Trail Tent Review|
- Free-standing 2-person Trail Tent with full coverage rain fly and vestibule; ideal for backpacking, fishing, and any other getaway adventure
- Easy set up with color-coded clip construction and side-release buckle ten-fly connection
- Sturdy fiberglass poles; heavy-duty 75D Polyester 1200mm construction with taped seams; mesh wall panels for ventilation; noiseless zipper pulls
- Ridge pole geometry for maximum interior space; internal storage pockets to keep essentials handy
- Packed weight: 6 pounds, 5 ounces; packed dimensions: 6 x 20 inches; assembled dimensions: 84 x 52 x 41 inches; floor area: 33.3 square feet
|Hennessy Hammock Expedition Asym Review|
- EXPEDITION ZIP is our most popular all-around camping hammock, designed for anyone up to 6ft and 250lbs (183cm /114kg); Side entry with #10 YKK Zipper with 2 double sliders; Famous for durability, packability, versatility and comfort.
- COMPLETE system includes: 70d high density nylon bottom; 30D no-see-um mosquito mesh; Elastic "hold open" for mesh; Gear loft slides on ridgeline; 70d polyester ripstop rain tarp; 1500lb (680kg) test polyester ropes; Complimentary webbing straps included.
- DESIGN: This legendary camping shelter is uncompromising in materials and workmanship. There are countless tiny improvements that only 40 years of effort could achieve but you can feel as soon as you stretch out in this hammock and close your eyes.
- PATENTED asymmetrical shape provides exceptional comfort when lying on the diagonal (US Patent # US6865757B2); Structural ridgeline guarantees the exact same bed every night and a perfect setup every time (US patent # US20090165205A1)
- QUALITY ASSURANCE: One year on materials and workmanship; Weight: 2lb 12oz (1247g); Compact size: 4"x 7"x 9" (10cm x 18cm x 23cm); Color: Hunter Green with black trim; See Enhanced product info at bottom of this page.